Tuesday 6 August 2013

Foxwood Steel play Babyrave

Well, when Faye contacted me to ask if Foxwood Steel would play a Babyrave, I thought to myself, well I won't dismiss it out of hand, but I can't see this working.





I met Faye, and quite quickly, I got it. Agreed to play, and, as it was only to be a small band,  offered it in the first instance to the Foxwood mothers of small children. Daisy was rehearsing so that left Bex, Sarah and Georgia joining me in the rave shed next to the M621.

In some ways, offering first to parents of Smalls was good because they would get the concept; in some ways, not so good, because we would be playing tunes while they, the Smalls needed some attention.





We played as four piece without kit so we wouldn't be too loud for the baby audience. We played a combination of pop songs, kids' songs, reggae tunes, and even attempted a calypso - Road is Mine. Oh well, can't get them all right.

Then, a few days later, Faye got her babyrave a good spot on Look North and we got seen in the background. That was a nice fifteen seconds.

Maya liked it; JJ got on with it; Daniel slept through it; James and Michael spun plates. Oh well, you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment