Thursday 24 August 2017

Leeds Silver Steel Sparrows and a workshop at Bramham Park Scouts Big Event

It was meant to be Huddersfield Carnival but that didn't happen, so Plan B just blossomed into action and here we are, thanks to Jon's persistance, at Bramham Park, and it is just the most welcoming, professional wonderful event ever.


We were leaders: me and Bex, plus Ella, Karam, Alice, Owen, Claudia, Kirsten, Isha, with guest drummer, Bart.

To say this was a big event would be an understatement. This park is big. I called the day before and dropped off most of the pans, and then on a warm summer evening parents, Amanda, Julia, Owen's dad, and Mick brought their pan-playing offspring to the park, and settled on the grassy bank.

Meanwhile [unknown to me at least] Andy and the crew from this magnificent stage were setting up a huge screen  to one side of us. And in the audience, as it turned were lots of my school-pupils plus Ben, and Ella's brother.




Finishing at 8 ish we left the pans stacked in the adjoining marquee, and the following morning I returned on my own to do a morning of drop-in workshops [I should have brought a tent!]. Here I re-met Natalie's ex-student from Abbey Grange.







Tyler was a tower of strength and stayed with me all morning as the groups rolled in and rolled out. And the stewards could not have been more helpful helping me move, set up and load the van

 







No comments:

Post a Comment