Sunday 27 August 2017

Foxwood Steel at Scarcroft Golf Club July 2017

I went to meet Roy to check out the venue, and what a lovely surprise. there is Claire from Foxwood Steel Band c 1992-4.



Several weeks later, we are here in the most pouring of rain. Chill has just donated a new hi-hat to us to replace ours bent of all recognition and function. I went to collect it downtown Holbeck, and left Miggins with the tent he has borrowed, waiting for his lift. Here's a picture of him before the downpour!



Gary is having a very last minute practice and Wanda is setting up her floral music stand. Hmmm!

 



We are me, Bex, George, Sheeks, Sophie, Wanda, Gary, Georgia. I made Claire have a go, but stupidly chose a fast moving tune, even though it was easy chords. Soz, Claire.
Besides applauding and appreciating us, the golf club also fed us - see also bird made of pineapple in the fruit picture.

Because of aforementioned rain we did play some songs about rain in a cheerful we're-inside sort of way. Also I think my camera had got wet so few pictures and most blurry! 





No comments:

Post a Comment