Sunday 20 August 2017

Foxwood Steel at Rothwell and North Steel at Gledhow July 2017

It's a tale of two bands at two primary school gigs ten miles apart.


First is Rothwell, and we need to borrow a van from John; secondly we need Vicky to drive it.




tea ladies






We are me, Natalie, Charlotte, Gary Danielle, YiBai, Vicky, later joined by Wanda after she had played her first of three gigs [at her own school [Oulton]].





And we were brought tea before we had even started! Doesn't get more welcoming than that!


The Spoils of Tombola



Lottie and Natnat discovered the tombola early on. I swear they were getting tipsy with anticipation of imbibing their spoils. I could have still been able to drive with what I won!





We finish our sets at quarter to three; Gledhow starts at half past. Leaving the others to pack away, and taking my soprano pan and single guitar with us, Wanda and I make a break for it, and just slide into Gledhow in time. Jackie, who had agreed to count to four if needed sighed a sigh of relief and I counted to four several times


I bought a cake to go with the beer and wine from Rothwell. We were Luke, Ella, Julia, Wanda and me, and small as we were inside that hall, we tinkled beautifully. Plus I got to see Luke's beautiful new chromed single second that he got from Grafton.

No comments:

Post a Comment