Monday 14 August 2017

Foxwood and East Steels at Otley Carnival 2017

If it is the third Saturday in June it must be . . . . .



Otley Carnival. Yippee! How welcome are we! Back in the day Foxwood played this gig alone, but really we didn't have enough players so we invited East Steel to join us. But this year . . . . .







There was only Lynn and Anne from East Steel. Foxwood was actually in double figures.


As it happened my mother had just been moved to Wharfedale Hospital that week. Morgan I said, mum, I am going to visit her. Do you want to come with me? I said Mig, on Saturday we play Otley Carnival and Wharfedale Hospital is in Otley. That was a coincidence too far.




And Mig played Otley Carnival. Giving us four soprano players. Which, om a float means two either side. So good. Also, I was on the float with three of my own children. No words.

All in all Foxwood was/were me, Daisy, Vicky, Georgia, Morgan, Natalie, Charlotte, Gary, Amy and from East Steel - Lynn, Anne.

It was a lovely day. Our van was brock so John lent us one. I don't recall any real disasters, so here are some pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment