Friday 31 May 2013

Three Johns at the Brudenell

Tim didn't remember that I had talked him into seeing a band who was part of my history in Leeds, and who was part of the indie/punk scene in Leeds back in the 80s. A quick text put him right, and thus there we were, me, Tim and Daise, saying hi and mwah, mwah [air-kissing, don't you know] to John, John and Brenny, and Patrick, and Wendy, and JFK [that's John Keenan, not the late president].


I can't imagine why so many photos were out of focus!

A historical afterthought. In 1980 something, me, Rick and Steve and our trusty drum machine were the support act for the Three Johns at the Tartan Bar, Leeds Uni.

The three of us spent hours thinking up our name, The Belgrade Astros, only to discover that the name was taken. I went onto the stage on that occasion with Rick's thoughts ringing in my ears: that if stage fright got the better of him and Steve, I would be on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment