Sunday 16 June 2013

East Steel play Beeston Festival

Debs, I gotta tell you that this was the best organised festival that we have had the pleasure to play at in a very long while.

And I have written that in bold. That's how good it was!



We were me, Bex, Vicky, Tim, Ruth, Alli, Karen, Anne, Lynn, Wanda, Kirsty, Katie, Cheryl., with guests:Tim and Amy.  The weather was great, the stage was proper; the overheads mikes did their job; the band played really well - lots of new tunes, and no arguing.

Hilary Benn, local MP [and also my MP] opened the show and yet again found himself sharing a stage with one of my bands. Told Kirsty off for letting him play some notes on her double seconds.



We introduced a few new tunes, favourite being El Condor Pasa. Then I drove the van round to Cross Flatts whatever, and with the help of bemused local resident, Simon, loaded it over the fence from the park.

Then Debs,  as you do, the Foxwood Players drove over to Woodhouse Moor . .  As you will see from next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment