Friday 7 September 2012

Foxwood Night Out at the Malt Shovel, or Not

Well, after a long debate at Manchester Carnival, during which time, absoutely no night suited anybody at all, we agreed that we would meet at the Malt Shovel, Armley on September 1st. So this is how Charlotte came to be there from 8 till 9.30 [fortunately with Bridget and Holly] and Bex and me from 9 to whenever. Lizzie was there working and Georgia taking part in the Stars in Their Eyes Competition. Bex and Gig played Trini to the Bone on air pan.

So, not exactly a Foxwood Night Out.

For me, this was rather a bizarre day. Early afternoon found me meeting Bex, Katie, Vicky and co at Chapel Allerton festival, fifteen minutes later I am at Brudenell Social Club watching my favourite ever new band, Glassbody. Now I first saw and  heard Glassbody at an Allerton Grange Showcase , and was bowled over. They are definitely their own people but they had tints of Bloc Party, and now today I feel also tinged with The Cure, and maybe even Simple Minds. But not in a derivative way but a homage type of way.

After that I nipped up to Meanwood to give my mum a birthday cake which I baked the day before, and upon which I placed one representative candle. Then, after a few more domestic duties and it was over to the Malt Shovel for a few limes down the lagers.


No comments:

Post a Comment