Monday 5 September 2016

Foxwood Steel at Hope Not Hate and East Steel at ForeverYoung

I said to Wanda, Was it a friend of yours that got this HopeNotHate event? Yes, Steph, she said, she sings in the choir.

I said to Wanda, So was it you that got us this ForeverYoung event?  Yes, Ruth, she said.



So, I said, you got two gigs at the same-ish time on the same day! We don't need help doing that. We can do that ourselves! Then Wanda and I rolled around with laughter as I fought off the incipient panic attacks along the York Road, taking one set of pans to York.
















Here's Ian and me as I realise that we both use Shawcross teeshirts [though I am wearing a Pantontic tshirt here], and Wanda collecting a pan not exactly en route.





On the day, in Leeds we were me [Victoria], Gary, Amy, Charlotte, Daisy, Gig, George with guest Wanda. Which was all we could squeeze into the one gazebo as it was now pouring. Maya played a perfect tambourine, and Patrick let himself be held a lot [all he is good for at the moment], and where he did do some excited swimming type actions.


Good to see Cllr Sharon Hamilton there at this national day of remembrance for the Late MP Jo Cox.




Thanks to Ally for asking us, Steph and Wanda for being the links.


Now we pack away our rain-sodden gear and, as the others disappear back into cafes for coffee, or home for shelter, George, Wanda and I hit the A64 where Wanda also finds Emma.












The tent in Murton near York is a marquee and quite a grand and different affair, and quite a different acoustic, but the rain is still rain and we are inside. We are Bex, me [Victoria], Vicky, Sophie, Lynn, Emma, Wanda, Anne, Trish, with guests, George and Millie S.
Both gigs have been characterised by non-carnival songs [what a relief!]. And cakes from the HopeNotHate stall called CakeNotHate.





A few East Steeleers joined some sort of a conga, and we were treated to some amazing singing by this lady, pictured below.

Then it's back to Leeds, and the Grand Drying Out of the Pans, the Kits and The Gazebo and Sides. My favourite bit.


Okay, perhaps not.

[Who wants to be Forever Young, by the way? Think it should be called, Forever 39. But they have the hoodies now!]















No comments:

Post a Comment