Friday 6 October 2017

Foxwood MiniSteel play Marcele's Wedding Anniversary





I can't believe it is nearly a month since our last gig, Leeds Carnival on Chapeltown Road. That was in summer, and now it far from that.




Now it is Saturday night in downtown Roundhay. Not sure the others know what they have let them in for. Do I?





famous impressionist picture


 .


Marcele asked me to be a soloist pan player for her 25th wedding anniversary. I told that me as soloist would entertain no one. I would bring a small band.

No room, says Marcele. So we are an acoustic four-piece, i.e. four pannistes, no drum-kit. And we just fit in under the gazebo with its lovely fairylights. In the Roundhay Steelpan triangle with students Bella, Judy, Julia, Satinder, Ella, Isha, Kurum, Theo all living in adjoining streets. Wow!

I had hoped to meet her son who I had taught way back when at Moor Allerton Primary. He keeps out of my way opining that I would make him play on a pan. As if!

No comments:

Post a Comment