Sunday 17 April 2016

Foxwood Steel at Queens Hall Art Exchange

I cannot believe we got to April before Foxwood got its first proper gig of the year. Not counting Gig and me at the Station. Anyway Debbie S contacted some of the bands who had played Oakwood Market, and after crossing and uncrossing a few wires, we finally got to do some board-treading.


We were me, Bex, Ash, Sheeks, Amy, Sophie, Gig and half of Daisy, half of whose double seconds lay slumbering under the stairs in my house, and in the wrong case. We wrote a setlist that would be relatively quiet and asked Debbie to tell us if it ever got too loud. Which, of course, it did.








Becky [arriving on motorbike with Ash] turned out to have a really good eye for a picture, as you will see from those that adorn this blog. Queens Hall was particularly photogenic, and we were given tea and buns. Just the best. The event was a fund raiser for St Gemma's.




We packed the van and I introduced the band to the telephone extension that Lola and Daisy bought me, and had another cuppa.





No comments:

Post a Comment