Tuesday 10 March 2015

Sparrows Take-over 2015

February 6 2015. It's Takeover Two for Leeds Silver Steel Sparrows. Here's where we see who can count to four and make it count, and who can't count!




It's mostly Chloe, making buns and counting to four.There seems to be as much chatting as usual; Bex and I play a bit more than usual and Chloe holds up colours. Sparrows are Chloe, Millie, Millie, Ash, Georgia, Claudia, Naomi with new Sparrows: Kirsten and Lucy. We are rehearsing our five tunes for Music For Youth.

What is good about Music For Youth is that it makes you refine and polish a small set. You concentrate for a while on the same numbers, and let go of the casual play-with-feeling and conviction. What's bad is that you can get bored of these five tunes, and boredom is never the point of running a band.

Anyway I am all for a bit of refined polishing every so spring, and Bex and I are playing with and listening to some of the greatest players. Just the greatest. Sparrows. And |I have been playing for 34 years and listening to other bands for 25 years. I know a good one when I hear it! And Sparrows is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment