Saturday 8 December 2012

In Recovery, grand-daughters, West Park Refugees Club and Philip Glass


So Debs, after a lovely event such as one of these Suzuki workshops, I should be feet up in pleasant remembrance . . . . but no! It's another day, and once more into the breach. Back in Leeds Maya has been sawing up the same piece of dowel all week. As her saw is upside down [and also plastic] she has not made many steel pan sticks yet.

Then on Friday, very sadly I decide against Benjamin Zephaniah at the Hudawi Centre, and babyist Lola instead. We have chips and cauliflower cheese, and bake buns.

On Saturday I set off to help Sue tidy up Royal Park playground but they forget to come down with the keys. I go home, and here I am  posing under the scaffolding on the front steps, and then I change into concert outfit. Which is the same as gardening outfit really minus yard brush and walking boots.

The City of Leeds Youth Training Orchestra is playing its first concert at City of Leeds School. Very nice, and I must say, conveniently near home. I am surprised to see my friend and colleague, Joe making his conducting debut. And he must say he is surprised to see me.

On Sunday we have our first meting of the West Park Refugees Club at the West Park Church on Spen Lane. [See other blog: VJ, Hyde Park, Leeds and the Wider World]. See, it's not just Royal Park and City they pick on! Here's a pic of Diane, Des and Lorraine after the rest have left.

It's dark early in the UK now, Debs, so I drive home in the dark, and then, yes, I'm going to push out the old boat and go to Leeds Town Hall to listen to and watch Philip Glass's violin concerto, which the first thing my ipod turns on when I am on the train or on my bike, and I am going be right in it, well not playing, obviously, I am gonna sit on the risers and be as close as possible to the band [okay, I mean orchestra: Opera North].

After Glass, Sibelius means nothing to me, but I stay to end, and arriving at my bus-stop I spot a large teacup on the back of a lorry.  And here it is just passing the Merrion Centre.

So, now Debs I am recovered and braced for the three concert three dayer that will end the coming week.



No comments:

Post a Comment